Subject Experts (End-Point Assessment) - Youth Work
Open Awards are recruiting for a Subject Lead, and assessment writers/ reviewers to support the development of end-point assessment materials for the following apprenticeship standards:
- Level 3 Youth Support Worker
We are looking for individuals to support the development of our assessment strategy and assessment content, including multiple-choice questions. Subject to development, we will be recruiting for end-point assessors in 2022.
LOCATION: Remote / home-based
CONTRACT TYPE: Contracted services (self-employed)
SALARY: Payment will be based on a rate per hour and/or per assessment paper, with accompanying mark scheme. (Reasonable travel and expenses paid in addition to agreed rate).
The key functions of the writing/reviewing post include:
- Produce assessment content (question papers/tasks and mark schemes) that meet the relevant assessment strategies and Open Awards qualification and assessment specification requirements
- Review assessment content (question papers/tasks and mark schemes) to ensure they meet the relevant assessment strategies and Open Awards qualification and assessment specification requirements
- Submit assessment content in the required format, within agreed timescales
- Provide additional assessment content as required, including document/image sources and details of copyright permission, as required
- Attend Qualification Paper Evaluation Committees (QPECs) - either in-person at OA Head Office in Speke or remotely via teleconference facilities*
- Liaise with Assessment Leads, Lead Markers and Open Awards' Development Officers, and amend own content in response to feedback
- Attend training and standardisation activities as required - either in-person at OA Head Office in Speke or remotely via teleconference facilities*
The Subject Lead role will be responsible for overseeing the team of writers and ensuring all assessment materials developed meet the requirements of the apprenticeship Standard and Open Awards' strategy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of writing and/or reviewing assessment papers and mark schemes for pharmacy related qualification
- Hold a professional qualification in youth work validated by the National Youth Agency (Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body) and recognised by the Joint Negotiation Committee (JNC) Youth & Community Workers
- Hold a formal assessor qualification (e.g., D32/33, A1)
- Relevant and recent evidence of working with young people gained within the last five years.
- Current understanding of the issues and concerns facing young people
- A minimum of two years’ post qualification experience working within the youth work sector
- Understand the apprenticeship standard and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and consistently, and to tight timescales
- Ability to utilise IT software applications, including Microsoft Office, email and adobe acrobat reader. Knowledge and use of assessment platforms an advantage
- In addition, you are required to have access to a PC/laptop with a reliable and secure internet connection, for the purposes of the role.
*Please note: due to current Covid-19 restrictions, all activity will be completed remotely until further notice.
Please send a copy of your CV, along with details of your availability to email@example.com
Please confirm in your application whether you are interested in the subject Lead or writer/reviewer roles.