Subject Specialists - Level 5 Outdoor Learning Specialist EPA
Open Awards are recruiting for a Subject Lead, and assessment writers/ reviewers to support the development of end-point assessment materials for the following apprenticeship standards:
- Level 5 Outdoor Learning Specialist
We are looking for individuals to support the development of our assessment strategy and assessment content, including question banks. Subject to development, we will be recruiting for end-point assessors in 2022/23 academic year.
LOCATION: Remote / home-based
CONTRACT TYPE: Contracted services (self-employed)
SALARY: Payment will be based on a day rate of £150 per day for writers/ reviewers and £250 per day for Assessment/Subject Lead. (Reasonable travel and expenses paid in addition to agreed rate).
The key functions of the writing/reviewing post include:
- Support the production of assessment strategies, setting specifications, and assessment guidance and documents.
- Produce assessment content (question banks/tasks and mark schemes) that meet the relevant assessment strategies and Open Awards qualification and assessment specification requirements
- Review assessment content (question banks/tasks and mark schemes) to ensure they meet the relevant assessment strategies and Open Awards qualification and assessment specification requirements
- Submit assessment content in the required format, within agreed timescales
- Provide additional assessment content as required, including document/image sources and details of copyright permission, as required
- Attend Qualification Paper Evaluation Committees (QPECs) - either in-person at OA Head Office in Speke or remotely via teleconference facilities*
- Liaise with Assessment Leads, Lead Markers and Open Awards' Development Officers, and amend own content in response to feedback
- Attend training and standardisation activities as required - either in-person at OA Head Office in Speke or remotely via teleconference facilities*
The Subject Lead role will be responsible for overseeing the team of writers and ensuring all assessment materials developed meet the requirements of the apprenticeship Standard and Open Awards' strategy. This will include delivering training to Independent End-point Assessors on delivering assessments.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of the occupational standard and the requirements of this EPA and have, maintain and be able to evidence up-to-date knowledge and expertise of the subject matter
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Experience of writing and/or reviewing assessment papers and mark schemes for a related qualification or assessment
- Hold a recognised assessment qualification that addresses the assessment of both skills, knowledge and behaviours in the workplace at Level 5
- Evidence of a minimum of 24 hours of Continued Professional Development per annum is expected covering both vocational and assessment competence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and consistently, and to tight timescales
- Ability to utilise IT software applications, including Microsoft Office, email and adobe acrobat reader. Knowledge and use of assessment platforms an advantage
- In addition, you are required to have access to a PC/laptop with a reliable and secure internet connection, for the purposes of the role.
*Please note: due to current Covid-19 restrictions, all activity will be completed remotely until further notice.
Please send a copy of your CV, along with details of your availability to email@example.com
Please confirm in your application whether you are interested in the subject Lead or writer/reviewer roles.