FUNCTIONAL SKILLS SPEAKING LISTENING AND COMMUNICATING (SLC) ASSESSOR/ INVIGILATORS (REMOTE ASSESSMENT)
TITLE OF POST: Functional Skills SLC Assessor/ Invigilator (Remote Assessment)
LOCATION: Remote / home-based
CONTRACT TYPE: Contracted services (self-employed)
SALARY: £20.00 per hour
Due to the growth in uptake of our Functional Skills qualifications, and in particular our remote assessment options, we are looking to recruit individuals to our bank of assessors/ invigilators for English Speaking, Listening and Communicating (SLC) assessments from Entry 1 to Level 2.
Open Awards offers a service to providers whereby we provide remote assessors/ invigilators for their SLC assessments.
- Assessing and invigilating Functional Skills Speaking Listening and Communicating assessments remotely (i.e. using technology to invigilate a learner in a different location)
- Provide support to learners (3 to 4 per assessment) before, during and after their assessment session
- Problem solve to deal with any issues or difficulties during an assessment
- Complete records of learner achievement
- Upload evidence, including video recordings, to Open Awards systems
- Attend training and standardisation activities
Assessor/ invigilators must monitor the actions of all learners participating in the SLC assessment through their webcam at all times to ensure that the assessment is conducted properly and undertake assessment judgements based on each learner’s contributions. Records evidencing each learner’s ability to meet all relevant content must be completed. The subject content can be found at: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/682834/Functional_Skills_Subject_Content_English.pdf. The scope of study for SLC is stated for each level within the document.
The assessment must be video recorded ensuring that the assessment screen, learners’ webcams and assessor/ invigilator’s webcam are all included in the recording at all times throughout the assessment.
Assessments can take place at any time, 7 days a week. You will be asked about your availability at interview.
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Sound understanding of assessment and quality assurance processes
- Ability to make valid assessment decisions against Functional Skills SLC requirements
- Assessment and/or quality assurance experience of English language qualifications at Level 2 or above
- Confident in using technology for communicating (e.g. video-call and conference-call software)
- Attention to detail and focus
- ability to adhere to relevant Open Awards policies and procedures
- Understanding of data protection procedures and the importance of maintaining confidentiality
Please note, invigilators are required to have use of their own laptop or desktop computer (with a monitor at least 14 inches; a webcam and microphone; and antivirus and malware software) and a stable internet connection at home. They are also required to have a quiet place to work from where they will be interrupted or overheard by any other person.
- Previous experience of invigilating assessments (face-face or remotely) is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant skills, knowledge and experience to email@example.com.If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Clare Graves, Quality Assurance Manager on 07494 857288.