Functional Skills Markers - English Levels 1 and 2
We are recruiting for individuals to join our English Functional Skills marking team for Reading and Writing assessments at Levels 1 and 2.
LOCATION: Remote / home based (with occasional travel to Speke, Liverpool for training)
CONTRACT TYPE: Contracted services (self-employed)
SALARY: Various dependent on subject and level (reasonable travel and expenses paid in addition to agreed rate)
The key functions of the post include:
- Mark on-screen and paper-based Reading and Writing assessments at Levels 1 and 2 following approved mark-schemes
- Participate in training and standardisation events - either in-person at OA Head Office in Speke or remotely via teleconference facilities
- Liaise with our team of markers and Lead Marker to provide feedback on assessments, mark-schemes and learners' performance
- Raise concerns with validity or authenticity of assessments
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of marking assessments for Functional Skills or related qualification in English
- Knowledge of Functional Skills English (Reading and Writing) subject content and performance descriptors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and consistently, and at time to tight timescales
- Ability to utilise IT software applications, including Mircrosoft Office, email and adobe acrobat reader
In addition, you are required to have access to a PC/laptop with a reliable and secure internet connection, for the purposes of the role.
Please send a copy of your CV, along with details of your availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Clare Graves on 07494 857 288 for an informal conversation about the role.