EXTERNAL QUALITY ASSURER
TITLE OF POST: External Quality Assurer
LOCATION: Remote / home-based
CONTRACT TYPE: Contracted services (self-employed)
SALARY: Payment will be based on a rate per assignment (Reasonable travel and expenses paid in addition to agreed rate)*
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated external quality assurers to contribute to our external quality assurance team for Ofqual-regulated qualifications from Entry Level to Level 2 in a range of sector areas. You will work with the Open Awards quality team to ensure that delivery and assessment at our providers continues to ensure that learner outcomes are valid, reliable and accurate. You will be expected to:
- confirm that the delivery and assessment of courses is appropriate and that the assessment strategy employed is appropriate and conforms to Open Awards’ specifications as set out in the Qualification Guide;
- confirm that all recommendations for the award of credit have been subjected to a rigorous internal verification process that meets the minimum published requirements of the awarding organisation (See Open Awards Centre Handbook for guidance);
- make recommendations for improvement and to support an ethos of continuous quality improvement;
- report all findings to Open Awards, using the appropriate report format, and in language that is appropriate to its audience, i.e. Heads of Organisations, Quality Managers, Assessors;
- Attend/contribute to Open Awards training and standardisation events as required.
*Please note: due to current Covid-19 restrictions, all activity will be completed remotely until further notice.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A sound understanding of assessment
- Recent experience of internal or external quality assurance of Ofqual-regulated qualifications
- The ability to produce excellent reports to agreed deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven organisational ability
- A commitment to equal opportunities and widening participation
- Excellent attention to detail
Please note that appointment to the bank of external quality assurers does not necessarily guarantee that work will be available in any particular year.
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant skills, knowledge and experience to email@example.com.If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Clare Graves, Quality Assurance Manager on 07494 857288.