EXTERNAL QUALITY ASSURER – SECTOR EXPERTS
TITLE OF POST(S):
External Quality Assurer - Sector Expert – Equine Sports Massage (Level 3)
External Quality Assurer - Sector Expert – Freight Forwarding (Level 3 and 4)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Quality and Standards
SALARY: Competitive daily rate
Open Awards offers a range of specialist qualifications to help meet our company ethos to Change Lives Through Learning. We are looking for two sector experts to externally quality assure the work of approved centres delivering the following qualifications:
Open Awards Level 3 Diploma in Equine Sports Massage (RQF)
The content of this qualification has been developed in partnership with subject experts and the Equine Sports Massage Association and covers the following areas:
- Equine Handling and Professional Conduct in Equine Sports Massage
- Equine Sports Massage Management
- Equine Sports Massage Techniques
- Functional Anatomy of the Horse
- Therapy in Practice: Equestrian Activity
Open Awards Level 3 Award/ Certificate/ Diploma in Working in Freight Forwarding Logistics (RQF) and Open Awards Level 4 Certificate/ Diploma in Management of Freight Forwarding Logistics *.
The Level 3 qualifications have been designed for learners who have been working within the Freight Forwarding industry as a team leader or supervisor, whilst the Level 4 qualifications have been developed for the learner who works in a managerial position and has been working in the Freight Forwarding industry for a period of time. The qualifications include a range of units covering:
- Freight forwarding operations and logistics
- Legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- International freight forwarding logistics
- Management and leadership
- Business processes
- Budget management
- Customer service
*Please note that you may also be required to externally quality assure Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications in freight and logistics.
- To confirm that the delivery and assessment of the course is appropriate and that the assessment strategy employed is appropriate and conforms to Open Awards’ specifications as set out in the Qualification Guide;
- To confirm that all recommendations for the award of credit have been subjected to a rigorous internal verification process that meets the minimum published requirements of the awarding organisation (See Open Awards Centre Handbook for guidance);
- To make recommendations for improvement and to support an ethos of continuous quality improvement;
- To report all findings to Open Awards, using the appropriate report format, and in language that is appropriate to its audience, i.e. Heads of Organisations, Quality Managers, Assessors;
- Attend/contribute to Open Awards training and standardisation events as required.
Key requirements, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Recent experience in external quality assurance
- Subject sector specialist knowledge and qualifications
- To be able and willing to travel to centres across the UK
- Able to work unsupervised in a timely manner
- Adhere to our customer service standards
- Able to obtain buy-in to suggested/mandatory actions required to maintain compliance
This position is on a self-employed basis and we consider our payment structure to be in line with industry average.
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant skills, knowledge and experience to email@example.com.