Assessment / Question Writer - Pharmacy
These posts are being recruited as part of the development of end-point assessment materials for the following apprenticeship standards:
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant
- Level 3 Pharmacy Technician
We are looking for individuals to support the development of assessment content, including multiple-choice questions.
LOCATION: Remote / home-based
CONTRACT TYPE: Contracted services (self-employed)
SALARY: Payment will be based on a rate per assessment paper, with accompanying mark scheme. (Reasonable travel and expenses paid in addition to agreed rate).
The key functions of the writing/reviewing post include:
- Produce assessment content (question papers/tasks and mark schemes) that meet the relevant assessment strategies and Open Awards qualification and assessment specification requirements
- Review assessment content (question papers/tasks and mark schemes) to ensure they meet the relevant assessment strategies and Open Awards qualification and assessment specification requirements
- Submit assessment content in the required format, within agreed timescales
- Provide additional assessment content as required, including document/image sources and details of copyright permission, as required
- Attend Qualification Paper Evaluation Committees (QPECs) - either in-person at OA Head Office in Speke or remotely via teleconference facilities*
- Liaise with Assessment Leads, Lead Markers and Open Awards' Development Officers, and amend own content in response to feedback
- Attend training and standardisation activities as required - either in-person at OA Head Office in Speke or remotely via teleconference facilities*
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of writing and/or reviewing assessment papers and mark schemes for pharmacy related qualifications
- Qualified and registered as a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Hold a formal assessor qualification (e.g., D32/33, A1)
- Understand the standard and assessment plan
- Recent relevant experience as a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician with at least three years’ experience in the role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and consistently, and to tight timescales
- Ability to utilise IT software applications, including Microsoft Office, email and adobe acrobat reader. Knowledge and use of assessment platforms an advantage
- In addition, you are required to have access to a PC/laptop with a reliable and secure internet connection, for the purposes of the role.
*Please note: due to current Covid-19 restrictions, all activity will be completed remotely until further notice.
Please send a copy of your CV, along with details of your availability, to Jessica O’Rourke, Assessment Development Officer, at jessica.o’email@example.com