Apprenticeship Standard Sector Expert
APPRENTICESHIP STANDARD SECTOR EXPERT
TITLE OF POST: Apprenticeship Standard Sector Expert
RESPONSIBLE TO: EQA (Apprenticeships) Manager
RATE: Competitive daily rate dependent on level and experience
Open Awards are delivering an External Quality Assurance (EQA) service on behalf of the Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) to support them in ensuring high-quality apprenticeship standards.
Our Priority is to undertake a range of evaluation activities with End-Point Assessment Organisations (EPAOs) to ensure that all standards overseen by the IFA are producing high quality and reliable assessment results.
To review evidence in relation to the delivery and quality assurance of End-point Assessments in order to ensure they are fit for purpose and producing high quality outcomes
As part of this work Sector Experts may be asked to contribute to the following activities:
- Review Standards and Assessment Plans
- Review EPAO assessment strategies and materials
- Undertake audits of End-Point Assessments
- Sample evidence from apprentices relating to their End-Point Assessment
- Review End-Point Assessments Organisation’s self-assessment activities
- Make appropriate recommendations/actions on EPAO compliance with each Assessment Plan
- Make recommendations on improvements to Standards and Assessment Plans for the Trailblazer groups, via the reporting mechanism within the IFATE digital platform
- Participate in forums/focus groups relevant to sector skills
We are looking for practitioners with recent relevant experience from the following sectors and job roles:
- Agriculture, Environment and Animal Care
- Business and administration
- Catering and Hospitality
- Creative and Design
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Health and Science
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Protective Services (Emergency Services)
You will need knowledge and experience of working within the sectors listed. Experience of learning and development or delivering apprenticeships within your sector would be advantageous.
More information can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification here.
This position is on a self-employed basis and we consider our payment structure to be competitive.
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.Or if you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact our EQA (Apprenticeship) Manager, Sue Fitzgerald, at email@example.com.