Apprenticeship Standard Sector Expert
APPRENTICESHIP STANDARD SECTOR EXPERT
TITLE OF POST: Apprenticeship Standard Sector Expert
RESPONSIBLE TO: EQA (Apprenticeships) Manager
RATE: Competitive daily rate dependent on level and experience
Open Awards work on behalf of the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IFATE) to provide External Quality Assurance (EQA) of End Point Assessments (EPA) for a range of apprenticeship standards to ensure that it is fair, consistent and robust across different apprenticeship standards and between different assessment organisations.
EQA ensures that End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAOs) all work to a high standard and that an apprentice would get the same result from their EPA regardless of the EPAO. EQA also ensures the apprenticeship standard and end-point assessment plan are fit-for-purpose and actually delivering the outcomes that are required.
The EQA service is detailed in the IFATE’s EQA Framework and associated documents.
We are seeking sector experts with relevant assessment and industry expertise to support our team of Lead Reviewers to provide a high quality EQA service. Sector experts must have the necessary experience, familiarity and knowledge to judge that End Point Assessments truly assess occupational competence.
To review a range of evidence to ascertain whether End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAO) are conducting high-quality end-point assessments that deliver relevant, consistent and comparable results, using assessment methodology that is fit-for-purpose and ensures the occupational competence of all apprentices passing their EPA on specific Apprenticeship Standards.
As part of this work, Sector Experts will:
- Undertake desk reviews of evidence provided by EPAOs relating to the quality assurance and delivery of EPAs on specific Apprenticeship Standards.
- Arrange and conduct monitoring visits to EPAOs sites to observe assessment being delivered and monitor internal standardisation and moderation activities.
- Make judgements on whether quality assurance and delivery of End Point Assessments is fit for purpose, in line with the arrangement outlined in the EPAO documentation and meets the requirements of the Assessment Plan.
- Compare EPAOs across the Apprenticeship Standard to ensure reliability of methodology and outcomes and relevance of the assessment.
- Set SMART actions and recommendations for the EPAO, IFATE, ESFA and other stakeholders to allow for continuous improvement.
- Record findings, judgements and risk ratings on Open Awards and IFATE systems as required.
Sector Experts required
We are urgently seeking sector experts for the following Apprenticeship Standards:
Business and Administration
Engineering and manufacturing
Health and science
Legal, finance and accounting
Sales, marketing and procurement
We are also accepting speculative applications from practitioners with recent relevant experience for other sectors and job roles to add to our pool of specialists.
You will need knowledge and experience of working within the sectors listed. Experience of learning and development or delivering apprenticeships within your sector would be advantageous.
More information can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification here.
This position is on a self-employed basis and we consider our payment structure to be competitive.
To apply for the role, please download the application form and information pack. Your completed applications should be returned by email to email@example.com by the closing date. For an informal discussion please call Paul on 0151-494-4341