Standardisation events will be held throughout the 2019/20 academic year at various locations across the country, including Liverpool, Greater Manchester, Solihull, Coventry, Nottingham, London, York, Middlesbrough, Penrith and Portsmouth.
The aims of a standardisation event are:
- To assist centres to improve their practice through peer review and feedback
- To enable Open Awards to gain an overview of practice in centres, and identify areas for improvement
- To contribute to the continuing professional development of Authorised Internal Verifiers
All sessions are free of charge for Open Awards centres and run from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
The session gives you the opportunity to share your learner work with other centres and receive feedback from peers and Open Awards, as well as identifying good practice and ideas from other Open Awards centres.
Please note these training events are not suitable for Access to HE
Scroll down for dates
|Date and Venue||Booking Link|
|Tuesday 25th February 2020- Open Awards, Liverpool||Book Here|
|Tuesday 25th February 2020 - Clements Hall, York||Book Here|
|Tuesday 10th March 2020 - Redbank House, Greater Manchester||Book Here|
|Tuesday 10th March 2020 - Technopole, Portsmouth||Book Here|
|Tuesday 31st March 2020 - Solihull WI, West Midlands||Book Here|
|Tuesday 31st March 2020 - Friends House, London||Book Here|
|Wednesday 1st April 2020 - Open Awards, Liverpool||Book Here|
|Tuesday 21st April 2020 - Acklam Green Centre, Middlesbrough||Book Here|
|Tuesday 21st April 2020 - Revelation Academy, Nottingham||Book Here|
|Wednesday 6th May 2020 - Open Awards, Liverpool||Book Here|
|Wednesday 6th May 2020 - Hereward College, Coventry||Book Here|
|Tuesday 19th May 2020 - Redbank House, Greater Manchester||Book Here|
|Wednesday 3rd June 2020 - Open Awards, Liverpool||Book Here|
|Wednesday 3rd June 2020 - Technopole, Portsmouth||Book Here|
|Tuesday 16th June 2020 - Penrith Methodist Church||Book Here|
|Wednesday 24th June 2020 - Redbank House, Greater Manchester||Book Here|
|Wednesday 24th June 2020 - Friends House, London||Book Here|
|Wednesday 1st July 2020 - Open Awards, Liverpool||Book Here|
PLEASE NOTE: The Standardisation event is appropriate for anyone involved in the delivery, marking, assessment or internal verification of Open Awards qualifications, who is able to bring samples of assessed work from their centre. The event is strongly recommended for centres which do not currently have AIV status but would like to be considered for this in future.
- It is mandatory for centres with Direct Claims Status to have at least one AIV attend a standardisation event during the academic year. If not, AIV status will be suspended and will need to be re-applied for.
- Centres may be charged for a late cancellation (less than 2 working days before the event) or non-attendance.