Tuesday 20th May, 2pm-4pm
To Book - click here
The Prison and Courts Reform Bill has given more responsibility than ever directly to prison for commissioning and managing and contracting offender learning. At Open Awards we have a long and proud heritage of working with the custodial estate. Our vision is to ‘Change Lives Through Learning’ and we are committed to working with offender learning providers towards this aim.
We have being working with partners to help them deliver on these new challenges and respond to the policy objectives of Dame Sally Coates in her review of prison education.
This event will run through these key developments, give practical examples of how they might be used in a prison setting and identify the objectives they will address.
Topics that will be discussed on the day include:
- Using Labour Market Intelligence to support curriculum planning
- Our new qualification linked to the safer custody agenda
- Delivering the Level 3 Access to HE Diploma in a prison setting
- Working with offender learners through the gate
- Other Open Award provision relevant to prisoners, including our Level 1 Pre-Tenancy qualification