Can your Business provide Business Mentors to Young People in Liverpool City Region?
Career Connect are pleased to announce the launch of a new Business Mentor Programme that
they will be delivering across the Liverpool City Region. Funded by the Careers and Enterprise Company, and working with four exceptionally skilled delivery partners, the programme aims to partner with local business mentors to enable young people across LCR to imagine more positive futures, reaching and realising their potential.
Summary of Programme
Business Mentors, predominantly from key growth sector industries across Liverpool City Region will help
support Year 8 students who are not reaching their full potential in schools.
The Business Mentors will work with small groups of 4/5 students in your school.
Blended approach to mentoring that will include monthly face to face interventions, on-line support and a set programme of activity.
Each student will receive a Mentoring Journal to record their reflective learning, developing critical thinking skills whilst providing mentors with a tool to help structure their support.
Business Mentors will receive –
- Full training and support will be given including the opportunity to achieve a Level 1 NSPCC
qualification in Child Protection in Schools
- Access to on-line tools and materials to support your mentor role
- Access to an on-line mentor portal to interact with young people
- Structured timetable of activities and interactions
- On-going support from your Mentor Coordinator
Business Mentors will offer –
- Attend a full days training
- Complete an Enhanced DBS check
- Commit to their mentor role for the full 35 week programme
- Visit their group of students on a monthly basis. Meeting wills take place on school premises and during school hours
- If applicable, offer a workplace visit
For further details please contact Kath Wyke on Kath.Wyke@careerconnect.org.uk or 0151 600 7865