|Thursday 15th February 2018||9:30-12:45|
|Tuesday 17th April 2018||9:30-12:45|
|Wednesday 13th June 2018||9:30-12:45|
To make a booking for any of the dates above, please click here and select your desired session.
What is this? This training is designed for those assessors/tutors who wish to understand the principles and practice of Open Awards internal verification.
How long is this for? This is a half day event.
What we will cover in this training:
Training Aims & Objectives
– background of Open Awards
Identify the Quality Assurance process stages:
- Centre recognition
- Assessment process
- Verification and Standardisation
- Course review and evaluation through inspection
What is Internal Verification?
- Investigate the role of the Internal Verifier (IV)
- Highlight the stages of Internal Verification
- What is Pre-Course verification?
- Importance of on-course and end of course verification
How to plan sampling
- What are sampling plans
- Understand strategies for sampling
Identify what is meant as verification of achievement including
- Verification Action Plans
- Equality and Diversity in verification
- Understand the difference between Standardisation and Verification
What are the different models of Verification
- Designated assessors
- Round Robin
What Internal Verification is required for the Quality Reviewer (QR)?
– The key features of Internal Verification
- What is Approved Internal Verifier Status (AIVS)?
Extra: This training session attracts 5 Open Awards CPD points.