Mental toughness is the ability to deal with stressors and pressures irrespective of the situation.
The Mental Toughness psychometric tests measure FOUR key components of mental toughness:
What does the tool measure?
Each learner is provided with TWO psychometric test measures:
- Test at the beginning and end of their programme/studies
- Online assessment with instant results
- Personalised individual and coaching reports detailing strengths and areas for development
- Allows tutors to tailor their delivery to individual learner needs
- Allows both tutor and student to see their progress after a fixed period of time
How does this fit into education?
For many learners, thinking about entering or returning to education can be daunting. Negative experience or preconceptions about education can be a massive barrier to success.
Learners might not be able to identify the strengths they actually have developed. Our mental toughness tool allows learners to clearly identify their strengths as well as areas for improvement.
What's more, learners also get the opportunity to repeat the exercise at the end of their studies in order to assess their progress.
When we talk about mental toughness, we are not claiming that this is a fixed level which will remain consistent. There are many variable factors which can affect a person ability to cope. However by identifying a persons base-line level, you are able to more accurately assess a persons reaction to situation and, more importantly, help them develop the strategies to react more effectively
How is this helpful to you?
- Completion /Drop out Rates: By assessing your learners mental toughness at the beginning of their studies, you can clearly identify any areas which might need extra attention in order to positively build your learners confidence and reduce dropout rates.
- Positive Behaviours: Increase mental toughness coincides with a 'can do' attitude meaning that students are more likely to engage and ask questions.
- Performance: Studies carried out in Holland and the UK consistently show around a 25% increase on a person performance with higher mental toughness.
Extensive research into the value of this tool has been carried out both in Holland and the UK show that programmes focusing on a person's mental toughness, in conjunction with skills and qualifications, greatly increase the likelihood of obtaining, and sustaining, meaningful employment.
How is this helpful to your learners?
For learners, knowing their mental toughness will allow them to take more responsibility for their own learnering in learners which are of particular value to them.
Other positive outcomes include:
- Wellbeing: The better a person can cope with pressures and stressors, the better their wellbeing will be during their studies. This is particularly relevant to the demanding Access to HE Diploma students.
- Aspirations: Higher levels of mental toughness has a direct correlation to an individuals level of aspirations. Encouraging learners to believe in themselves and their abilities is vital to their success.
- Employability: For many learners, entering into sustainable employment is their ultimate goal. Developing mental toughness will allow individuals to achieve their goals.
Working in partnership with AQR- http://aqrinternational.co.uk/
If you would like more information, please feel free to contact our team on email@example.com or call 0151 494 2072.