Our Customer Service Promise
We want you to know what to expect from us so we’ve put together a customer service statement which sets out how we will work with our centres. We conduct regular feedback and questionnaires so that you can let us know what you think and if we are getting it right.
Customer Service Statement
Open Awards provides a high quality, effective and efficient service. Providers are supported in the strategic development of their Open Awards provision, including on-going delivery, administration and quality assurance. Our staff are committed to providing these services in a responsive, accessible and prompt manner in accordance with our published Service Standards.
We aim to provide you with the best possible service, to enable you to cater for the needs of all your learners. We will do this by ensuring our service is:-
- We will issue confirmation of Centre Recognition within 10 working days of the centre recognition meeting for all centres which are able to meet our terms and conditions
- We will issue certification of learner achievement within 20 working days of receipt of correctly completed & verified Recommendations for the Award of Credit.
- We will ensure our published information is up-to-date, accurate and accessible.
- We will use clear English in all our correspondence and documentation.
- We will ensure all our systems and procedures meet or exceed external audit requirements.
- We will ensure the accuracy of all our documentation.
- Our friendly, trained staff will provide a courteous, prompt response to any enquiry you make.
- We will maintain a flexible approach in working with you to meet your needs.
- We will work with you in responding to the needs of your learners.
- We will provide on-going training and information sessions to all centres.
- We will publish up-to-date guidelines on all aspects of our service.
- We will provide on-line access to appropriate documentation, news and information.
- We will allocate a named Business Relationship Manager, Quality Reviewer and Administrator to each recognised centre, to provide on-going support.
- We aim to work to high professional standards, and we are committed to continuous improvement.
- We aim to use our resources to best effect, and conduct our work with integrity.
Help us to Help You
- Provide us with as much information as you can, when you make an enquiry.
- Circulate our documentation and information to all appropriate staff and/or learners promptly.
- Complete our documentation fully and accurately.
- Inform us, in writing, if one of your named contacts changes.
- Meet our deadlines.
- Safeguard the interest of learners and ensure prompt certification of learners by returning completed RACs to Open Awards within 3 months of the course end date.
- We will regularly ask you about the types of services you require, and your level of satisfaction with our existing services. The services we provide are only as good as your feedback, so please let us know how we can improve, so we can respond accordingly.
Fees and Charges
Please click here to see our Pricing Information. Pricing Information is agreed annually and is also available in print. Please telephone 0151 494 2072 to request a copy.
We welcome feedback on all of our activities. We conduct regular surveys to gather the views of centres, their staff and learners. These perception surveys are used to inform the development and review of our products and services.
Our team of Quality Reviewers contact centres regularly and meet with staff and students to gather feedback on our products and services and you can talk to them about your views on what we do.
You can also give your feedback to Paula Roberts, Customer Relations Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our team on 0151 494 2072